Composite Fillings: What Are the Advantages?
Many individuals have previously had dental fillings in their teeth with a metal material. They may now have realized the negative effects metal fillings may have on their teeth. Our staff at Distinctive Dental Care offers fillings made out of composite materials for a more aesthetically appealing looking smile. Continue reading on to learn more about the advantages to composite fillings.
What are dental fillings?
Dental fillings are used to restore teeth from the effects of damage and decay. This can be caused from cavities or trauma to a tooth. The process of filling a tooth is quick and easy with the help of our dental office staff.
- Aesthetics. Composite fillings offer a natural looking restoration to patient’s smiles. They fill decay with an almost unnoticeable finish.
- Quicker Turnaround Time. Our team can provide a composite resin filling that will harden in a matter of seconds. Other restorations can take up to several days to harden and properly seal.
- Versatility. Composite fillings can be used to restore cavities and chipped or broken teeth. Our dental staff can help correct a wide variety of issues with the help of composite fillings.
- Strength. Fillings made out of composite resin materials provide a strong bond that helps to prevent future damage.
- Less Drilling. Finally, composite fillings do not require any of the tooth’s structure to be removed which allows for a safer procedure that doesn’t require further damage to the tooth’s enamel.
Contact our dental office for more information regarding the different services and procedure we provide to patients. Our staff at Distinctive Dental Care is eager to help individuals achieve a healthy and beautiful smile they can show off. Call us today to set up your next consultation with a member of our staff!