Dental veneers are extremely thin shells made from porcelain. They are tooth-colored and used to cover a tooth on the front visible side. They are perfect for covering up and improving upon small imperfections on the teeth.
There are many people that can benefit from getting porcelain veneers. After making a consultation appointment, the team at Distinctive Dental Care in Oswego or Bloomingdale, IL will assess your oral health and cosmetic dentistry needs to determine if veneers would be a good fit for you.
Why Dental Veneers?
Veneers are ideal for repairing:
- Discolored teeth (particularly those that are resistant to teeth whitening procedures)
- Misaligned teeth
- Chips and breaks on the tooth’s surface
Benefits of Dental Veneers
Porcelain veneers are a very effective and cost-conscious way to cosmetically enhance your smile, but additional benefits include:
- Great for hiding minor chips
- Fantastic alternative if teeth whitening measures are not working
- Veneers are made to blend in with other teeth which creates a more natural smile
- Veneers are stain resistant, but just like normal teeth, can be stained by powerful agents like coffee, wine, and tea
Maintaining a Beautiful Smile
Veneers are permanent additions to your teeth, so upkeep is remarkably simple and does not require any additional steps. Brush your teeth twice a day, floss at least once, limit artificially colored, and stain-causing items, and most importantly: quit smoking. There is a long list of reasons to quit smoking, but in the context of veneers, smoking stains your veneers and teeth alike.
Many patients are happily surprised by how effective porcelain veneers can be in fixing many small issues. Misalignments of teeth are normally fixed with orthodontic measures, but veneers can also be used to give the appearance of straighter and whiter teeth.